top of page
Municipal Code
City of Oakdale Public Nuisance Code 

You may view a copy of the City of Oakdale's Public Nuisance Code on-line by clicking on the link below. This will take you to an off-site webpage which is regularly maintained and updated. Once you are there, you will need to refer to Chapter 19, Article III, Section 19-48. You may also stop by the public counter of City Hall or the Community Development Department and request to see a printed copy of the Code. You may purchase a printed and bound document for $25. Contact the Planning Division at (209) 845-3625 for more information on acquiring the code.

Frequently Asked Questions
The City of Oakdale Community Development Department is grateful for the opportunity to answer your Code Enforcement-related questions.
Code Enforcement Office    
455 South Fifth Avenue     
Oakdale , CA 95361
Telephone (209) 845-3614





The City of Oakdale is pleased to announce a new process for Oakdale residents to report code enforcement issues, graffiti, and public works related service requests to City staff. Residents can call the new Service Request Hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week. No need to try to remember to call when you get home, no need to try to remember to call the next workday, when you become aware of a problem, just pick up the phone and call it in.


The City is also pleased to announce that the hotline is staffed by Oakdale CIVICS Volunteers who receive the messages from the hotline and submit the necessary service orders to the correct city department for processing. In addition, our CIVICS volunteers will call you back after you leave your information on the new Service Request Hotline to confirm that have all the information they need and to provide reassurance that the call was received and the correct city department is being notified of the service request,


One important note, if you are calling about an police, fire, or medical emergency, please use 911. Calls to the Service Request Hotline are for non-emergencies only.


So why not put the new Service Request Hotline number in your mobile device now. Then when you see a problem you can report it on the spot.


Types of problems to be called in to the new Service Request Hotline include, but are not limited to, the following:


Graffiti, street light or sign problems, illegally dumped trash, building code violations, fire hazards such as overgrown weeds, park equipment problems, abandoned vehicles, illegal advertising signs, building permit violations, or irrigation water leaks. 

If you wish to report a property nuisance, but know that it is outside city limits, please contact Stanislaus County's Environmental Services 

bottom of page